Thursday, July 29, 2010

everyday fitness


I have to admit, as my work schedule continues to pick up, planning my workouts begins to slow down. Even as a trainer, it's easy for fitness to take a backseat. Hell, I work in a gym so when I'm in it, thinking about it, teaching it all day long some day's seem repulsive to stay and get my sweat on.
Here's the deal: No Excuses. There's no reason we can't do a little something everyday. Even if I didn't work in a gym; body weight exercises like pushups, squats, lunges, and planks are available anywhere and everywhere I go!
Yesterday, having just one of those days when the gloom of my workout wasn't going to get fit in...it hit me, and like a record player coming to a screeching halt I hit the gym floor for a 30 min core blasting circuit. If I'm going to practice what I preach it's all about doing something for fitness everyday. This core circuit chewed me up and spit me out and I had time left to shower and finish training 3 more clients for the evening.
Have half an hour? Think you got what it takes? Try and complete my circuit from yesterday in 30 mins or less!

KettleBell V-sit Throws - 60 Reps
Stability Ball Pikes - 20 Reps
Push Planks - 10 Reps (each arm)
Stability Ball Crunch
/with overhead Tricep Extensions - 20 Reps
Smith Machine Bench Press
/with Leg Lifts - 10 Reps

Combine each exercise one after another, Rest 60 seconds or less between, until all 5 drills are finished. Complete circuit 3 times in 30 minutes!

2 comments:

gina marie said...

That looks like a great core workout! Except I don't know what the last three are. I am always looking for a ab workout that will get them sore. It looks like that one will do the trick. I like your blog, BTW.

@ustin said...

Thanks Gina!
I enjoyed your blog too, and am really looking forward to us working together in the near future...