Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dear Journal


Lately I've explored the Internet to follow other "Fitness" blogs to see what's out there. Most are decent, infact most are pretty informative featuring healthy nutrition and training tips and lifestyle pointers...but all are facts, facts, facts. All I have to think is really? That's the best you can do? How boring, boring, boring!

The whole reason I started vaudevillegym was to bring out the lighter-side of gyms, health, and fitness. My thought was there was a need to be honest, brutally honest, definitely entertaining, a little vulgar, and even vulnerable about what goes on inside the gym. To relate to the people who are in the day-to-day battle of their health and fitness... and even poke fun at what I see as a trainer. A journal.

In our office meeting today, one thing led to another as stories often do, from clients named Dick to inappropriate shorty-shorts... and as we laughed, knowing we could have kept going for another hour with another story to top it, someone mentioned we should keep a journal to track the many adventures and situations that happen in our incredible occupation. Silently, I thought to myself "that's what vaudevillgym is about." So I remind myself tonight, to write about myself- write about my hopes and plans, direction and success of A2O ColorFUEL- and most importantly write about the great stories we experience everyday in the gym. This is vaudevillegym. This is my journal.

No comments: